Wrongful banning

Found a bug in KAC? Post it here.
Rambomst

Wrongful banning

Post by Rambomst »

A player on one of my servers was banned for "KAC: Command say exploit violation" and in the KAC log it says

Code: Select all

L 01/14/2010 - 03:29:57: rysheK (ID: STEAM_0:1:26694055 | IP: 59.101.176.56) was banned for exploitation of command: "say "[Trident-Gaming] Numbface attacked rysheK.Numbface killed rysheK with awp""
I don't believe he was trying to exploit anything he claims he just copied something out of console and pasted it in chat and the KAC log seems to back his story so... what is up with this? What he said in chat seems fine and doesn't seem like "say exploitation".
Kigen
Site Admin

Re: Wrongful banning

Post by Kigen »

Well, it is and isn't at the same time. He didn't mean any harm by it. I'll probably downgrade the action say exploitation does.

Anyhow, the main reason why he got banned was cause of the color codes he ended up copying too. Any character that has a decimal value less than 32 gets a ban. The reason for these is that there is a very nasty exploit which can lag a server very hard though a character exploitation of the say command. It is also possible to fake server messages to every one through exploitation of the say command.
Rambomst

Post by Rambomst »

3 more people on my server just got perm'd for this >.< Is there a way I can change this myself?
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

A update will be posted shortly to fix this issue.

Please wait about another day or two for me to finalize some other things I wanted to correct.

You can set kac_cmds_enable to 0 and that will stop the banning. However, this would expose your server to TONS of exploits crashing and otherwise.
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

hey there, i've never play on this server before but i 've started to join when one of my friend told me to join then sudden i couldnt connect, a message pop up and say "
Disconnect: You have been banned from all KAC secured servers for a cheating infraction. See http://www.kigenac.com/ for more information."
i've never cheat or hack
heres my steam id
j ¬ˉмдדяîҳ-ٰ¯" STEAM_0:0:20509252 00:49 126 0 active

( sorry if this has already been posted, just wanted you to get the message, i'm new on here )
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

Matrix, you need to post that in the Protest section as that would be a KAC global ban.

http://kigenac.com/viewforum.php?f=9
Rambomst

Post by Rambomst »

Maybe to fix this you could make it like the cmd spam where if its said more than.. 10 times in a second it kicks the player.
Rambomst

Post by Rambomst »

When is this going to be fixed? You said 1-2 days like a week ago and I have had to unban over 100 people because of this.
nightrider
Community Moderator

Post by nightrider »

When it's ready.
I run ten CSS servers and have only seen two bans for this

Please be patient.
chuckak

Post by chuckak »

Instead of banning/kicking people could the plugin replace or remove said characters? I know other plugins can filter the chat for vulgar language, this could probably work in the same fashion.