ZombieMod + RPG Mod Bans?

Found a bug in KAC? Post it here.
LiTe

ZombieMod + RPG Mod Bans?

Post by LiTe »

First I don't run a non-steam server before anyone suggests that.

On our ZombieMod 2.0 and RPG Mod servers we used to have KAC until after every ban the screen would go black. Also on KAC the RPG Mod causes people to be banned who arn't cheating (99% of the server gets banned). Is it possible to fix it, should I replace the CS:S RPG Mod with the SourceMod RPG Mod?

Thanks
Kigen
Site Admin

Re: ZombieMod + RPG Mod Bans?

Post by Kigen »

Can you PM me the KAC.log file?
LiTe

Post by LiTe »

I don't have it on the server, and I don't want to leave it on since it will ban the entire server, but apparently as someone mentioned through PM and on the server it has to do with mat_fullbright.
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

KAC doesn't check mat_fullbright.
LiTe

Post by LiTe »

Check for mat_fullbright on the maps that are causing the issue (before the screen goes black). I have heard that alot of ZM maps are not lit properly. This would cause the issue of the screen going black if sv_cheats is ever toggled, as sv_cheats changing to 0 causes mat_fullbright to also be set to 0 even if it was set to 1 because of the map having no (or only dynamic) lighting.
Thats what prevents us from using it on Surf/Zombie Maps, because its impossible to see anything without a flashlight.
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

Kigen wrote:KAC doesn't check mat_fullbright.
LiTe

Post by LiTe »

I never said it does, I am saying that turning sv_cheats 1 then back to 0 (something that happens when a user gets banned) causes the map to go dark. So if I have KAC on for zm_lila_panic and a cheater gets banned the entire server goes dark, same goes for surf maps WHICH lack mat_fullbright.
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

Hrm. Well, its really because Zombie Mod and CS:S RPG both use a very hacky method of doing things. (They do "sv_cheats 1;do something here;sv_cheats 0") KAC replicates the sv_cheats 0 because it thinks that sv_cheats 1 has been replicated to the clients.
LiTe

Post by LiTe »

Kigen wrote:Hrm. Well, its really because Zombie Mod and CS:S RPG both use a very hacky method of doing things. (They do "sv_cheats 1;do something here;sv_cheats 0") KAC replicates the sv_cheats 0 because it thinks that sv_cheats 1 has been replicated to the clients.
Same thing happens on non zombiemod or rpg mod servers that use the maps. I removed RPG mod from my surf server and I am only running surf maps (with a standard sourcemod config, similar to my rotation pub), and if a user gets banned on surf_10x_final, map goes dark.
w4rezz

Post by w4rezz »

mat_fullbright is MAP's feature, if MAP creator was too lazy to add lights to his map, he can add to map mat_fullbright 1 force, even its cheat cvar, its set to 1 when you load map, and when you do that thing with sv_cheats, all cheat cvars are resetted to default, also mat_fullbright... Now think where is problem, first of all its mapper problem becouse map looks pretty shitty with mat_fullbright turned on (no shadows etc) and he should use proper map lights, so i am not sure if its kac's problem..

AD. RPG banning issue:

i also spotted few bans on my RPG server, it was for spamming ent_fire command.