zblock and kac

Discuss things relating to this site or the community at large here.
StriKe

zblock and kac

Post by StriKe »

Hi guys i am curious if there is a need to have zblock with kac? i am trying to remove any excess plugins that arent needed...i noticed that n00bsalad servers dont have zblock how do they keep from being attacked and shut down? just kac? or am i missing something here....has anyone noticed decreased server traffic with zblock installed? .....Oh my servers are on a linux os hope that helps and thanks.
Kigen
Site Admin

Re: zblock and kac

Post by Kigen »

zBlock is designed for league play. Your more likely to run into problems with zBlock because of the amount of restrictions to non-cheating cvars.

Anyhow, KAC protects the server just fine. zBlock doesn't add protection from crashing and exploits so much. Just bunny hopping and a few other smaller issues at present.

It appears in the new Beta that those smaller bugs (bunny hopping, duck exploit, and the bomb glitch) are going to get fixed.
Yihya

Post by Yihya »

Is there anything we can do about rates? I have the Min and Max set in my server CFG, but people are still able to go with a cl_cmdrate of 10. I was told Zblock is the only solution to forcing rates of 25k 100 and 100, but based on your post here I prefer not to put Zblock on our Pub Servers.
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

Lookup kac_addcvar.

Its a command to allow you to create your own custom rules.
radier

Post by radier »

KAC and zBlock are working on my server for a long time without problems. I would say that both protect server better than each one alone. They made game very competetive.

zBlock dev promised that next version will be more public servers friendly.