Issue compiling

Post your support questions here. Please search before asking a question.
Jonzky

Re: Issue compiling

Post by Jonzky »

twozcar wrote:we dont support modded KAC. so therefore no support here. end of discussion
Thanks for this, this thread was mainly to discuss modifcations that Kigen had advised me to do before in responce to a question of mine(http://www.kigenac.com/viewtopic.php?t=1088), plus removing the reason of the ban from the ban. The reason for the removal of the ban-reason (From the Source-ban page/in-game) is so that the cheat-developers do not try to pach it; originally for the first-week period KAC was by-far the best AC availble for gmod, it was able to detect the mainly-used aimbot but due to the ConVar being shown it allowed developers to patch it in a matter of minutes.

I am not actually tampering with anything that may have an adverse affect on the plugin itself, this thread is more aimed at the plugin being unable to compile even with unmodified source-code.

To Kigen,

KAC still has a lot of potential for GMod, if you would be interested in trying to 'expand' to GMod then you could post a thread at (http://www.FacePunch.com).

Also, the community I am in currently has 7 servers (6 GMod + 1 Hidden), if you would be interested/want us to test any KAC-related features then feel free to ask.

Edit:

This is more a suggestions, have you considered adding COMP_NONEXIST as an option to add a cvar through a command?
Also, I am not sure if this would be hard to do (or possible pretty simple) but I think it would be very cool for debugging purposes to be able to print a list of all of a certain players cvars (I know it may be long but it would provide such a large amount of information).

Edit x2

Seems like the issue has been fixed.
http://code.google.com/p/kac/source/det ... po=kac-dev

Thanks for the help Kigen.
nightrider
Community Moderator

Post by nightrider »

Jonzky please see my previous post.
Jonzky

Post by Jonzky »

I understand that KAC is does not officially support Garry's-Mod nor do I assume Kigen would want to put extra-time into it for it to be a highly-supported plugin but in its current state it still does function as a good GMod AC. There is only one major issue (zm_version I believe has to be removed), the way I see it - If he has a highly functional AC that would benefit the Garry's-Mod community and may bring more people into his community why not publicise it?

The small suggestions I made may be related to any game, I assume the convar adding feature would be simple to add as there is existing commands to add other checks for convars; it's not needed but it may be nice for everyone in general (I am not sure of your needs). As for my other suggestion, I am not sure of the nature of cheats in other source-engine games but I assume new Convars may be added to hacks and the possibility to print the clients Convars would be a nice thing to have. I honestly do not expect these suggestions to be implemented, I understand that Kigen is busy and if these features would not benefit the main-supported game titles then they would not be needed.

The previous modification I said I make of adding a selection of CVARs and also removing the banned for Convar violation... is not needed, it's only because I would like KAC to target specific Hacks and not make the hack-create aware of the detection methods.